When it comes to robotic pool cleaners, Maytronic’s line of Dolphin pool cleaners is considered the best and top-selling equipments in the industry. It has been 25 years since they released the first Dolphin Pool Cleaner model and until now, it leads the devices of the its kind for having superior performance, advanced technologies, solid construction, and efficient cleaning capabilities.
One of the most popular Dolphin pool cleaner models distributed by Maytronics is the Dolphin Diagnostic Advantage, which was previously known as Dolphin 2001 Diagnostic Cleaner. It may have changed its model name, but the product’s features and performance remain the same.
The Dolphin Diagnostic is a wall-climbing pool cleaner that brushes, cleans, and scrubs the entire pool that automatically shuts off after a period of 3 hours. For a more efficient cleaning, it uses a water-cooled motor, so there is no oil to leak. The dirt and debris are collected on it 1,200 square-inch filter bag, which is reusable and effectively microfilters small contaminants.
The Diagnostic pool cleaner’s motor is electrically efficient. As you use it, you’ll love the fact that it consumes only around $0.20 to $0.30 on every complete cleaning cycle. The equipment is also versatile, as it is able to support any type of in-ground pools, irregular pools, and even complex pools.
TOP 5 POOL CLEANER SELLING IN 2023
- DOLPHIN PROX 2 ROBOTIC POOL CLEANER
- DOLPHIN M500 ROBOTIC POOL CLEANER
- DOLPHIN M700 ROBOTIC POOL CLEANER
- DOLPHIN S100 ROBOTIC POOL CLEANER
- DOLPHIN S300 ROBOTIC POOL CLEANER
ADVANTAGES AND FEATURES
Just like other Dolphin pool cleaner models, it can thoroughly clean the whole pool floor, walls, and waterline. Without requiring any installation, the device can independently operate from the pool’s pump and filter. Geared with self-adjusting diagnostic software, it can exclusively clean even the smallest corners of the pool. It also has an air sensor, which makes it ideal for beach entry pools. And because it has no drive belt to break, you won’t have to worry about replacing this component in the future.
According to the manufacturer’s claim, the Dolphin Diagnostic is a very reliable device for cleaning 20×40 feet pools, saves 50% on electricity consumption, and 30% on pool-cleaning chemical costs.
Before buying a Dolphin Diagnostic pool cleaner in local or online stores, you should be wary of these negative points:
- The unit’s controls cannot be set automatically in a scheduled time.
- The Diagnostic’s motor tend to die too quickly, it can’t even last at least two seasons.
- Its 24-month warranty does not cover the motor replacement. Shipping fees to the repair facility costs as much as $100 one-way and typically takes 2 long months to finish the repair.
- Filter bag cleaning is also a bit messy and usage is only limited to 2 to 3 times. As a result, you’ll have to spend $5 for each bag immediately.
Despite of the flaws stated above, the Dolphin Robotic Pool Cleaner is still considered an effective and user-friendly pool cleaner by most users. Acquiring a general average rating of 4.6 out of 5 stars, most pool owners confessed how satisfied they are upon using this product.